National Thought Leader and Personal Finance Expert
As an MBA, CFA and CFP® with 25+ years of experience working in the worlds of personal finance and investing, I’ve served as an expert resource in hundreds of national media outlets across print, podcasts, TV, radio and social media. Known for making the complex simple, I love sharing my practical and actionable consumer tips, tactics, and tools to help your audience find MoneyZen in their financial lives.
Select Media Mentions
Below you’ll find favorite print pieces I’ve been quoted in as well as podcasts and documentaries where I’ve been featured.
A sampling of media mentions include:
- Fast Company: “This Is What Rich People Know About Money That You Don’t” and “6 Pieces of Common Financial Advice You Shouldn’t Follow“
- New York Magazine | The Cut: “5 Money Questions To Ask Before Moving in Together“
- Real Simple: “The 6 Financial Numbers Every Woman Should Know“
- The New York Times: “One Money Question to Rule Them All: How Much Is Enough?” and “The Things John Bogle Taught Us: Humility, Ethics and Simplicity“
- The Wall Street Journal: “The Best Financial Advice I Ever Got” and “Should You Tell Your Teenager How Much Money You Make?” These two articles were in print, and featured an illustration of Manisha.
- The Washington Post: “Two-thirds of Americans aren’t using this easy way to save for retirement“
Notable personal finance conversations:
- [Documentary] $avvy – Women. Money. Freedom.
- [Documentary] PBS Houston – Financial Literacy Basics
- [Podcast] Art of Money with Bari Tessler Ep 55: “My Chat With Financial Powerhouse, Manisha Thakor”
- [Podcast] Breaking Money Silence with Kathleen Burns Kingsbury Ep 83: “Will More Money Make Your Life Better?”
- [Podcast] SoMoney with Farnoosh Torabi Ep 44: “Manisha Thakor, MoneyZen founder & Financial Literacy Advocate for Women“
- [Podcast] FA Success with Michael Kitces Ep 120: “Building A Personal Finance Media Brand by Focusing On Being Your Authentic Self, with Manisha Thakor“
- [Podcast] Morningstar’s ‘The Long View’ with Christine Benz Ep 119: “Manisha Thakor: Beware of ‘Junk Personal Finance”